We all know Kubota makes the best compact and sub compact tractors in the market. Their diesel engines are among the best and most reliable you can buy. However there are a few things about Kubota that you probably didn’t know. We’ve been a Kubota dealership since the mid 70s and we didn’t even know everything that our research turned up. So take a look at the 10 things you probably didn’t know about Kubota.
1) They’re older than you think
With roots dating back to 1890. They aren’t exactly the new guy on the block.
2) They didn’t start out making tractors.
Kubota was actually first established as a foundry for the production of castings for heavy equipment.
3) They’ve been making engines since before it was cool.
They started producing Agro-industrial oil based engines in 1922.
4) They were revolutionary in Japan.
Kubota developed and commercialized Japan’s first farm tractor.
5) They produced vending machines.
In the early 60s Kubota actually produced vending machines. When are they going to make the first tractor with a built in vending machine?
6) They came to America in the late 60s.
Kubota’s first import was in 1969 with the 21 horsepower L200. It’s success lead to the creation of Kubota Tractor Corporation in California.
7) They put a lot of people to work.
As of 2008 Kubota corporation employed around 24,000 people worldwide.
8) Many Kubota products are made in the USA.
Kubota opened a factory in Gainsville GA that builds a lot of their products, including their ZD diesel zero turns and their line of Kubota RTV recreational vehicles.
9) They sponsor a professional sports team.
The Kubota Spears are a professional rugby team in Japan sponsored by Kubota.
10) They’ve helped build an ark.
As part of their dedication to improved sustainability, Kubota played a big role in creating Japan’s Solar Ark. A museum and leader in solar energy.