Okay, we all know that Dixie Choppers are one of the best lawn mowing machines on the market. They have a great cut and enjoy the title of the world’s fastest lawn mower, but what sort of utility do they actually provide? In this post we’re going to dive into the world of Dixie Chopper lawn mowers beyond the obvious “making tall grass short” usage and what other endeavors can be accomplished using these superior zero turn machines.
- Pull a wagon: Wagons can be used for a myriad of things. From hauling flowers for the garden to harvesting fruit from an orchard, or even hauling kids around for a make shift hay ride.
- Play a late night pick up game: Did you know you could get a light kit for your Dixie Chopper? Well you can, which means you have portable lights for all those late night games of horse.
- Mulch leaves: When fall rolls around, most of us are looking for any way possible to get rid of leaves. The high blade tip speed and OCDC (Operator Controlled Discharge Chute) make chopping up leaves easy and quick.
- Unplug from the world: There is nothing like performing standard maintenance on your Dixie Chopper to “unplug from the world”. Change your oil, find your Zen, and stop worrying about the rest of the world for a while.
- Plug into the world: Disconnecting not your thing? Never fear, many Dixie Chopper models come standard with a 12 volt charging system great for keeping a smart phone or tablet charged while you relax in a suspension seat!
- Offer rides to friends: When I was a kid, all my friends would want to take a ride on the Dixie Chopper. With the PTO not engaged, it can be as fun and entertaining as driving a four-wheeler. Try making an obstacle course!
- Visit the neighbors: In the technological age we live in, sometimes its hard to make time for face to face interaction. Hop on the lawn mower and head over to the neighbors to catch up!
- Storm relief: Picking up sticks and fallen branches after a big storm can be tedious work. A Dixie Chopper with a trailer can make the job easier by hauling sticks off.
- Seed your yard: Attach a hitch style seeder to your Dixie Chopper and the plant the perfect yard.
- Fertilize your yard: The same as above only for more established yards. Build the grass that is truly greener.
- Start a compost pile: Collect your grass clippings with a Dixie Chopper bagging unit to start the compost pile you’ve always wanted. These can be a great way to get your garden started!
- Catch up on family time: With the time you’re saving by mowing with the worlds fastest lawn mower, you can spend more time with the family. This can mean more baseball games or tea parties.
- Chill out: With a springer front end and suspension seat, the Dixie Chopper makes an excellent recliner. After you’re done mowing, sit back in the seat with a great sense of accomplishment.
If you have anything else that you like to do with your Dixie Chopper feel free to let us know! For more information on anything you read or if you have any questions feel free to contact us today! Also check out our checklist to make sure your zero turn lawn mower is ready for spring, and our list of the 8 best benefits of zero turn lawn mowers.